Project Manager/Jr. Project Manager
The description below is for a project manager. We will also consider someone with less experience or coming from other industries for Jr. Project Manager position. The position offered to the successful candidate will depend on experience and other factors.
Our main clients are leading players in the creative, technology, non-profit, educational and legal sectors. To provide outstanding services to our clients, we are looking for a proven professional who has the drive to manage client accounts and complete projects of all sizes from start to finish.
POSITION: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION: Responsible for managing all project tasks and deliverables for client projects that vary in type (such as translation, localization, and interpreting) and complexity. Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of projects and service to the client which meet quality, financial and business standards & requirements.
Internal: All management and associates
External: Customers, suppliers, trade associations, local chambers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree plus 3+ years of project management or project coordination experience.
The successful candidate has:
- Proven advanced technical skills (translation tools and software)
- A professional approach to client service
- Strong account management and presentation skills
- Superior execution and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in EN and another language)
- An acute eye for detail
- High-level linguistic skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, be flexible and provide proactive solutions for project challenges.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to requests from customers, associates, and management in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Provides high-quality customer service.
- Responsible for the delivery of quality, timely and profitable translation, localization, interpreting and other projects.
- Assesses scope of work and assigns work to translators, editors, desktop publishers, interpreters and/or other resources as appropriate.
- Manages and monitors quality control processes.
- Establishes and manages client expectations, communicates and sells additional services to current client base.
- Develops lasting relationships with clients and builds knowledge base of client operations, requirements and needs.
- Works with Management team to strategize for future opportunities.
- Works in partnership with other team members to ensure timely delivery of high quality translation.
- Does special research from time to time as requested by President, Production Manager, or other management.
- Maintains project and contractor files.
- Maintains contractor and client databases.
- May be asked to perform tasks other than those listed on the position description.
- 3+ years project management experience in the translation/localization industry
You will work in a fast-paced energetic office, with competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and upward mobility to advance your career. You will work hard and play hard too. You will work with a team of multinational professionals who have high expectations of your work and who will support your growth with our firm.